"From experts for experts"
With this business opportunity in mind, Hans Schmidt, Thomas Leibrock and Manfred Streck founded the company in 1985 using their initials SLS as a company name.
Since 1 April 2015 the management lies in the hands of founder Thomas Leibrock as well as the sons of the other founders Jürgen Schmidt und Marco Streck. Since 2012 Thomas Leibrock's son, Jan-Steven Leibrock, has been working at SLS, too.
SLS is located in an industrial estate just outside of the city of Dahn. On the 27.574 sqm site, SLS processes annually approx. 7.000 tons of material on 30 state-of-the-art extrusion lines to produce their profiles.
105 staff members - working in shifts - develop and produce:
- solid and hollow profiles
- Standard profiles
- Special profiles
- from 20 g up to 3000 g per metre
- different colours and thermoplastics
- from soft to hard extrusions and soft-hard coextrusion profiles.
SLS collaborates with companies in the following sectors:
- window and facade construction
- metal building industry
- vehicle manufacturing industry
- machine building industry
- electrical industry
- packaging industry
- furniture industry
- Household goods
- insulation and thermal insulation
- DIY sector